December 27, 2012

BIRTHDAY POST

I celebrated my birthday early again this year since my real birthday lands on my one year anniversary with my boyfriend. For dinner and drinks, my friends and I went to Chinois in Yaletown. Man.... is it pricey!! The food was mediocre and overpriced in my opinion. The only good thing about the place is that it looks very nice inside and there is a lounge called Pierre's attached. I got insanely wasted. Eck. 

THE DRESS
This is my birthday dress after it got hemmed. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this dress! It made me feel like a princess. If you haven't read my earlier post, this dress is by Lipsy and it is a UK size 8 (which fits like an XS). I bought it on Ebay since it was cheaper than the Lipsy website. Came to around $100 with shipping.

If you are in the Vancouver area, I highly recommend getting your clothing altered at Kerrisdale alterations. The lady did an AMAZING job and my dress looked perfect. I asked her to literally take apart my dress because I wanted her to remove this silk empire waist band which I did not like. When she resewed everything, it looked like the dress had originally came like it. Awesome! My alteration costed me $50.

THE CAKE
Last year I had a custom birthday cake made for me and so I wanted another one again this year. Only difference was that I had to pay for my own cake this year lol. The bakery that I always go to is called La Ganache in Vancouver. They usually need one month's notice for custom cakes but I literally begged them to do my cake for me with only 3 weeks notice. They are great and their cakes are so delicious. My total for my cake came to $150.

This is the picture of the cake that I showed them I wanted (found this on the internet).

This is the cake that they made me. NOT BAD!

contact-store-front
La Ganache Patisserie

THE SHOES
Guess where I bought these cuties from?
Forever 21 for only $25! They were on sale for 30% off.

THE NAILS
Gel color on both my fingers and toes.

THE BAG
I used a small black vintage Chanel bag that my boyfriend bought for me a few months ago. I don't have a picture of it at the moment but i'll post one later!

[EDIT] here is the bag that I used!



1 comment:

  1. I didn't know it was your 25th birthday!! Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete